Monday, April 26, 2010

What a week of NO Crossfit?!

There are no classes this week at Crossfit Central. WTF? What is a girl to do? Well, actually they have a great reason...Spring Cleanse!

"One of the great things about the CrossFit Central community is that everyone that trains here pushes themselves as hard as they can possibly go. That being said, CrossFit can be tough on the body and, often enough, a one week break is needed. We call it Spring Cleaning! We've organized a week of free instruction by Austin's best practitioners that focus on: restoration, rejuvenation, elongation of the muscles, core strengthening, nutrition, and Trigger Point Therapy. These sessons will help you to refocus your nutritional needs while preparing your body to make the most of your training at CrossFit Central."


As much as I probably need some of those classes, I still NEED my daily dose of ass kicking. I am very capable of working out on my own. However, as a trainer, sometimes it is nice to go into a workout and not have to worry about what I'm going to do. Like my clients I also like to be pushed and motivated, and I can only do so much for myself. I'm also very competitive, so when I am in a group class, I work so much harder than I would if I were alone. The intensity at Crossfit Central is contagious!!!!!!!

So, I put my skills to the test. Here is was today's WOD:

1/2 mile run
25 kipping pull-ups
25 push-ups
50 lunges (down hill)
sprint up hill back to pull-up station

25 chest to bar pull-ups
25 push-ups
50 lunges (down hill)
sprint up hill back to pull-up station

25 toes to bar
25 box jumps
100 lunges (down hill)- decided on extra set for good measure
sprint up hill back to pull-up station

10 dead hang pull-ups
1/2 mile run

This was not my original workout. I had planned to do a kettlebell, sandbell, pull-up, sprint workout at Austin High, but school was in session, and I was S.O.L. I stumbled across this little area on Town Lake, across from Zachary Theatre, and improvised a great little workout. Feel free to give it a try.

Peace Out,

BIG j

No comments:

Post a Comment