Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Giving back

Another season of Lent is upon us. This year I have decided to volunteer my time for the next 40 days and hopefully forever after that. It is something I have always wanted to do, but for some reason kept putting it off. Not anymore. I'm taking ACTION.

I have always wanted to volunteer with an organization involving dogs. However, I don't think my heart could take it. I have a soft spot in my heart those four legged guys way too much to see them without a home. I'd end up leaving the shelter in tears everyday or with a new puppy or 5. So, I decided to go with my second choice...the homeless folks. I will be volunteering with the Foundation for the Homeless. I've always had an odd fascination with homeless people. I really want to talk to them and pick their brains. I know they have some pretty amazing, crazy, heartfelt stories. I'm looking forward to this opportunity, so be on the look out for some awesome video blogs. Hopefully I can get some great interviews.

Peace Out,

BIG J

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a pretty BA idea. Let me know how that goes, look forward to seeing some videos. Matter of fact, think I'd like to help out and volunteer myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I find out what needs to be done to volunteer, I will let you know!

    ReplyDelete