Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2010 "Must Read"

Instead of a "Must have," I'm posting a "Must read." The Art of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein is one of the greatest books I have ever read, and i've read some pretty awesome books. The book is written from a dogs point of view. Enzo is the dog of an up and coming race car driver and has an interesting outlook on life. Enzo has a theory that when dogs pass on, they return as humans in their next life. With this in mind, Enzo is determined to learn everything he can from his owner, so that he can become the best human that he can be when that time comes.

I'm not a very emotional person, but the tears were rolling by the end of the first chapter. I knew right away this was going to be a very touching book. It was that moment and these two sentences that sealed the deal for me.

"Such a simple concept, yet so true: that which we manifest is before us; we are the creators of our own destiny. Be it through intention or ignorance, our success and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves."

I highly recommend this book to everyone. Even if you are not a dog person or into race car driving, I promise this book will have an impact on you. FYI, I hate race car driving.

Here is the link to a summary of The Art Of Racing In The Rain.

Peace Out,

J-Dawg


No comments:

Post a Comment