Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 Motto


Jeremy has asked all of the coaches of CrossFit Central to come up with a motto for 2012. A phrase that sparks Initiative, Ambition, and Hunger. After lots of back and forth between several options, I decided this one fits best for what I am trying to accomplish in 2012:

"When there is nothing left to burn, YOU have to set yourself on FIRE!"

The quote is the opening to a song from one of my favorite bands, STARS. As far as I am concerned (did the research), the quote was made up by the lead singer, Torquil Campbell.

The quote takes on several different meaning for me, and I will do my best to explain them. I sometimes find it difficult to translate the semi-organized chaos that is constantly running through my head.

A fire has been lit inside of me, and I am ready to blow-up. I want to take it to that next level, as a coach, an athlete and a person. I am here to take a stand for myself, my athletes and my team.
  • Myself: I used to be the kind of person that would just sit back and wait for things to happen or come to me. If something seemed too difficult or out of reach, I'd would let it go and dismiss it. Never again. To be that person is such a waste of freakin' space. If I want something, I am going to fight like hell to get it. I will put in the time, energy, blood sweat and tears to create the life I've always wanted.

  • My Athletes: It will be my mission to see that my athletes (clients) are living the life that they've always wanted. I am their #1 Fan, and I will make sure they know it EVERY time they step foot in the gym.

  • My Team: I am honored and fortunate to be surrounded by the best coaches CrossFit has to offer. They are not just co-workers to me. They are family. As a team, we will continue to set the standards. "I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team. I defer to it and sacrifice for it because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion." - Mia Hamm
I've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain! Game on 2012.



Peace Out,

Jess



1 comment:

  1. I love this! Glad you recognized this and stepped your shit up!

    ReplyDelete